Phanes is the primeval God of creation, procreation, the generation of new life, fertility, light and the first ruler of the universe. Phanes created life and was the god who put souls into bodies.
Phanes is the son of Chronos, Father Time. He is also the brother to Ananke, the primordial goddess/personification of inevitability. Depending on the myth, Nyx was considered to be the consort of Phanes and together they created all life on earth, alongside Gaea and Ouranos.
Another myth is that Zeus then ate Phanes to absorb Phanes' cosmic power.
Phanes was usually shown with golden wings and wrapped in snake coils. He was described he being beautiful, and predominantly male looking, while also being both male and female, similarly to the god Hermaphroditus.
Phanes was an extremely powerful Protogenoi Deity and the first King of the Universe.
- Genesis-Procreation Manipulation
- Creation Manipulation
- Infinite Energy
- Cosmic Manipulation
- Soul Manipulation
- Unparalleled Life Manipulation
- Deity Creation
- Life Creation
- Unparalleled Photokinesis
- Unparalleled Psychokinesis
- Emotion Manipulation
- Flight (separate from his wings)
- Unparalleled Fertility Manipulation
- Divine Invisibility
- Phanes was invisible to everybody, including the gods.
- Golden Wing(s) Manifestation
- Protogenoi Physiology
- Embodiment of Creation, Fertility, Life, Light & Rebirth
- Gender Transcendence
- Rapid Regeneration
- Reincarnation/Resurrection Factor
- Universal Lordship
- Supreme Power
Phanes means "bright to light" or "make appear" from the Greek verb phanao or phaino.
- Phanes sometimes goes by the name Eros, but is not related to Eros, the god of love and desire.